Thread: mTBI, PTSD and Stress (Catch All)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well its seems my responses went through, but were delayed quite a bit. I enjoyed the reply 120mm. As for being "fairly skilled at turning aside my initial approach" all I can say is that anger is a trait that I see among all war fighters to some degree coming back from deployment. Its all good. Besides I need to know where the soldiers stands so I know how to best help him. In reference to the military jargon in group; I have had nothing but positive feedback from both conventional and unconventional troops. I don't over do it or implement the whole "hooahh" thing. That is lame. It is simply a few terms here and there. Furthermore, I am glad you see a good therapist as a good therapist, regardless of deployment experience. That is refreshing on my end. By the way what is your military background? Have a good one.

As far as background is concerned, I've hit about everything, crossing from Active Duty, to Reserves/National Guard to mil contracting and back. My so-called "career progression" is enlisted FA, College/ROTC, CAV, MI, CAV, MI, CAV, MI, NBC, TRANS, CGSC Instructor, with APMS, Writer/Trainer, DoS LNO, HTS, Atmospherics, Professor of Intel, DIA SOIC thrown in there with time out to do various civilian retail management jobs in there for fun.

I wish someone would do a compare and contrast with the amount of stress involved with dealing with an unthinking, uncaring bureaucracy versus combat. Personally, I'd choose to be in combat over beating my head against a bureaucratic wall every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I wish someone would do a compare and contrast with the amount of stress involved with dealing with an unthinking, uncaring bureaucracy versus combat. Personally, I'd choose to be in combat over beating my head against a bureaucratic wall every day of the week.
    Hehe, I've never been in combat but I think I get your point and might well agree. But......is combat not getting increasingly bureaucratic?
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    Hehe, I've never been in combat but I think I get your point and might well agree. But......is combat not getting increasingly bureaucratic?
    I don't think "combat" is an exclusive club for "feelings".......... but, I'm not 120mm, so who knows?

E

Default hey

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately. I have been getting hammered with assignments here at ILE and today am down to one last major assignment before heading into wargaming. I have written a paper on warfighter variables. I examined physiological responses, unit cohesion, and personality traits in warfighter motivation and performance. I loaded it with a lot of research and historical examples. Clausewitz "On War" is fantastic. That guy was so ahead of his time regarding psychology and personality traits. Hope everyone is doing well. Love to hear your thoughts. Have a good one.