Quote Originally Posted by Lionberger View Post
Assange/Wikileaks is a good example of a 4th (5th??) Gen Warfare transnational and non-state enemy of the US. They exploit their non-state status and conflicting national laws and priorities of law enforcement among the target nations (US/UK), host nations (Sweden?) and the nations in the middle who have an interest in the method (Internet) and the resulting political vulnerability this creates for the US.

Like any other transnational and non-state threat, Wikileaks should be targetable by the US and the UK. I would suggest that the only area of discussion should be how and to what extent.

I laugh when CNN reports that Wikileaks site has been the subject of a DDS attack today. Maybe they are currently being targeted........
Wikileaks does not only release US or coalition "secret" materials, some of the leaks they released detailed corruption in kenya, scientology (the usual stuff), sarah palin's e-mail account, membership lists of the british far-right party BNP, "incriminating" e-mail correspondence by climate change scientists, telephone recordings about an oil spill in peru, an internal report about a nuclear accident in Iran, bank corruption... etc all the leaks in 2010 (the ones who got the most media attention) come from one source (Bradley Manning) and are thus all these documents originated from the US.
So if you claim that wikileaks is fighting a war against the US is besides a gross misinterpretation of the concept itself also quite foolish seeing the previous track record of the wikileaks organization.

On a different note every time i read that wikileaks released something new i always see the amazement of the media about certain facts, while most of the "secrets" are already known as a sort of public secret, and few actual unknown facts are released.