Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
That would be about as sophisticated as me calling an old pal of myself and transferring 1,000 bucks to his Paypal account for a DDoS attack from a country of my choice on an IP of my choice tomorrow. It would take me about half an hour (because I lost his phone number).
Yes, well there are a lot of potential approaches to the problem that have thus far not been implemented, and there's little sense in overlooking the obvious just because it's a convenience to the narrative. I'm not willing to discount the ire of other nations than the US to Wikileaks activities. Just because the vast pool of media vomits out allegations and whirls them around some before they succumb to entropy doesn't make them true. There's data out about the attack sources. Rather than treat the prior speculation as fact, I prefer the data. My opinions are based on that & history. It's arguable that people in the attacking states were left in as frustrating situation as the US (and other nations) have found themselves in more recently. They easily might see this as an opportunity to act in ways they'd declined to in the past, and there's some likelyhood that at least some of those people would be just amongst a disgruntled citizenry rather than state sponsored.