Thread: State & Local Intel in the GWOT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    but when I hear tales of the political scuffles that go on in both my Sons' fairly big departments...

Spot on with that mortgage prob and the political malfeasance (both Parties) that sat on it.
    I have grown to have little use for the major political parties. Many good ideas never see the light of day because one party won't let the other get credit. It is a shame really that so many of our politicians, at all levels, see themselves first as Donkeys or Elephants, and Americans second.

There appears to be a renewed push for local Police, under the auspices of Intelligence Led Policing, to develop Intelligence capabilities. In my city, three gas station which were owned by persons of middle eastern descent, closed within days of the last NY city car bomb attempt. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

There may not be overt terror planning in your average municipality, but there may be supporters (philosophical and material) and sympathizers in many municipalities across the US! This is where local criminal intelligence operations with will come in handy.

FYI I am attending the FLETC Intel Analyst Training Program in January.
    Last edited by mikemac64; 12-26-2010 at 06:03 PM.