Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear1605 View Post
1. Lind and co. create MW; Wrong! As an Obnoxious Buzzer sounds. Yes, Lind coined the term “Maneuver Warfare” but what he was talking about was Boyd’s Patterns in Conflict. I would say it went something like …Boyd and his first acolytes win the E-M Theory war with the production of the F-16/F-15. Boyd retires. Boyd then comes up with Destruction and Creation…”Tada! A snowmobile is born”. Boyd enters his monk phase reading and analyzing war. Destruction and Creation is important because the snowmobile method is what Boyd applies to develop Patterns. “Let us take it all apart; pick the best pieces; and build a snowmobile”.
Are you sure about this? Most of the literature that got the debate flowing seems to fall out of the concepts espoused in Lind's writing (of which Boyd's was one). I take MW to be a take on history using a mish-mash of germanophile/Boyd/new-age B.H. Lidell Hart to make a doctrine.

I can't see how John Boyd, who left the equivelent of two powerpoint presentations and an essay on dogfighting, could be credited with designing MW.