Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
But Ken his answer is not relevant in the context of what was being discussed. Where does the measure of a base/outpost being overrun become the yardstick by which it is assessed whether the Principles of the Defence have been adhered to on the construction and development of a base or outpost?
Regarding my first point- If the principles are truly principles, then 100% success must show their application in some form. The specific application may be different based on the circumstances, but they are applied none-the-less.

Regarding my second point- There are many reasons that the tactical military commander may be forced to accept less than optimal positions, especially in pseudo-war operations like what we are currently engaged in. While many (if not all) of the principles remain the same, the details of their application change, and sometimes higher considerations (operational, strategic) supersede tactical considerations.

Provide the principles that you feel are being violated, and I will attempt to explain to you the TTPs with which those principles are employed in OEF, limited by OPSEC (of course), my own knowledge limitations (I'm 5 years out of OEF now) and the separation caused by this means of communication.