Thread: The Roles and Weapons with the Squad

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Thanks much for the input P-Hustle... this is exactly what I have meant. Imagine one fictional FOB in, letīs say, south-eastern Afghanistan, which gets shelled by 107mm rockets almost every week. Itīs widely known from what approximate distance this munition can be fired using primitive and effective methods which are used in that area, and direction is easy to figure out many former impacts. Due to hard and limited terrain, itīs possible, by ordinary common sense, to determine couple of areas, which are most commonly used for priming the rockets. Classical FOB reaction is, after the indirect fire attack, to start mortaring the place and call CAS. Whatīs the result?? Next week the attack goes on again. I can clearly see the job for covert, fast moving recce patrol here, with good observation devices and attached sniper, waiting fot their prey in those NAIs. I guess they would freak the insurgents out much more than predictable (and thus avoidable) current reaction. Yes, it could mean that weak recce unit will get into the contact with stronger enemy element and sustain casualties, but this risk still sounds better to me than be like a sitting duck, waiting for a hit, just showing itīs harmlessness.
    PS: Sorry for my grammar
    Last edited by BushrangerCZ; 02-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.