Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
....I browse around and note Sarah Palin saying this:
Somebody really ought to remind her, and perhaps a few other people, that the US does not have veto power over who rules Egypt.
Down to the bottom, brutal reality is that "Sarah Palin" has more to say about the future Egyptian president, than 79.999.996 Egyptians.

Bob,
Ken,
thanks for understanding my points (and that inspite of my usual Sunday-morning-sloppy-typing ).

One plea from me, if you don't mind: don't get my "prose" as an accusation or putting the blame on the US for "everything". I very well understand the machinery of the US politics, at home and abroad. The same with many of the countries we're talking about. So, that was a simple counting of historical facts, thinking about what you write, and trying to make you think about what I write. My experience is that I always "only" learn from such exchanges.

Few (this time relevant, I hope) observations for the time being:

Egypt is important. Culturally and physically, it sits at the fulcrum point between Mediterranean Arabs and Arabian Peninsula Arabs; between West and East. It is an ancient culture and a true nation; as is Iran...
If one can trust recent reports from Cairo and Zagreb (Croatia), Egypt might become even more important, since the Croatian company INA might have found two huge gas fields somewhere between Marsa Matruh and el-Alamein (yes, "that" el-Alamein). Some three weeks ago the (meanwhile former) Egyptian energy minister went as far as to state that Egypt might become one of major gas producers world-wide. For what it's worth: Minister: Egypt can be one of main gas producers.

What many in the world fail to realize is that the US government reinvents itself at 2, 4, 6 and /or 8 year intervals due to our political process. That is no excuse...
Trust me, it's even less of an "excuse" considering the fact that in regards of ME, all the administrations since Nixon - without any exceptions - are sticking to the policy developed and introduced by Kissinger: Israel is dictating the US foreign policy in the Middle East, irrespectivelly - often regardless - of the price the USA pay for that.

That's the essence - also that of what's currently going on in Egypt. Stay tunned, the "Super Bowl match" between the teams of "Egyptian Opposition" led by coaches Obama and Clinton on one side, vs. "Mubarak", led by coaches Netanyahu and AIPAC on the other, is going to be continued "right after this"....