Quote Originally Posted by BushrangerCZ View Post
It is necessary mostly in case of use/unuse of hard body armor, or when you switch from red dot to scope (usually from reflex/aimpoint to ACOG due to character of AO) and need do have your eye directly on it. With rigid army system, I can´t see as a solution issuing different unadjustable lenghts of stock. I personally had to change rifle many times already, while still in one unit, just because it was easier for paperwork for my superiors. I am sure sooner or later someone would ended up with wrong lenght. Adjustable stock is not even expensive and easily solves all this problems. Question is, why NOT to use it then?
I can understand the length of pull requirement changing if the shoulder padding thickness changes significantly. I would have thought that the use of body armour is by now not negotiable so that would not change. Hence my comment about winter clothing.

I have noted that very often the butt-stock is not positioned in the shoulder when the weapon is fired. (see photo below) Only possible with a pea-shooter. This leaves me wondering whether angle of the butt stock (in relation to the plane of the barrel) should also be adjustable?

The man closest to the left has only the toe of his butt-stock on his shoulder while the second man seems to have it pulled right into the shoulder. What accounts for the difference? (other than that the second man adjusts his cheek position accordingly while the first man seems to keep his head upright and moves his weapon to suit) - I make the observation that the sight may well be viewing over the wall but it will be touch-and-go whether a bullet fired will clear the wall.

What in an AO changes your requirement for a specific butt-stock length? An how often do you change AOs?