RTK and Dusty,

Here is a perspective from where I sit. I am came up just as the timelines were changing. So RTK, that would put me in the cohort as your Troop commander during your Iraq rotation (I commanded a Company down the banana belt at that time, had a blue guidon) The concern that my peers have, defined as junior majors, is the level of experience and skills that the younger officers are getting, especially the platoon leaders. As a LT, I held four jobs, rifle PL, S-1, Rifle XO, and BMO. Many of my peers held similar type jobs, the key is we all had around four jobs, but at least three, with over a year as a PL. The concern we have is that as you guys promote, that there will be more discovery learning within the BN staffs. the guys you will deal with who are going to be BN S-3's and XO's are going to know that you guys haven't had as much expereince outside of KD job, but intellectually, it is very hard for many to remember that when push comes to shove, that juniro captain who is the S-4 might have only been a rifle PL and a scout PL, and that you as an XO will have to spend a little more time mentoring these Captains. RTK, I don't know what they haveyou doing at Knox, but BZ is a weird animal, don't get wrapped up in it, it is as much about who you as what know and what you have done. RTK, you ought to look at doing the MiTT thing. Dusty enjoy your PL time, it is unique and rewrding experience that only comes around once, make the most of it. Just some thoughts guys.