Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
Considering the permanent peak season for myths, partisan propaganda, tinfoil hats and conspiracy theories in the U.S. itself I'm not sure it's a bug. It might be a feature.

How many Americans believe that Obama is a Kenya-born Muslim again? 30%?
Sounds to me like you need to do homework first and maybe outsource information campaigns in distant places to others.
Hey I don't pretend for a second that I have a clue about this. Not about fixing it, not about what all the problems are, not about even the potential for it. In fact, part of what got me to this site was that I needed to start learning things to deal with dipwad dilettantes who play at this sort of crap in very destructive ways for personal gain. So don't even start giving me crap about this it's totally uncalled for. Ask me about breaking into computers and freakishly hard technical stuff associated with that, and the stupid crap egoistic hacker wannabes can get into, and I can hold my own with anyone. Ask me about IO & propaganda stuff though dealing with regional concerns & revolutionary sedition in combat zones, and I'll hit a wall pretty quick. I at least know some of where I'm dumb and don't need you getting pissy and pretentious at me to inform me of that.

And yea, there are some real idiots in the US, and other idiots who want to lie to those idiots for craven short term personal gain. That, like every other place in the world though, is not the whole story and you know it. So put a sock in the equivocation.