Thread: More Piracy Near Somalia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by motorfirebox View Post
    Except, as I grow tired of pointing out, that doing so is likely to result in significantly more hostage casualties than would otherwise occur. I just want to hear somebody say it. I want to hear someone say, "Yes, I am okay with taking action that will result in the deaths of tens or hundreds of hostages who current trends indicate would probably not have otherwise died." At that point, at least we could agree to disagree. As it stands, I feel like I keep pointing that problem out and those in favor of direct action keep dancing away from it.
    What offends me most about your argument, is that somehow, in your warped mind, taking lawful action against criminals is what will cause the deaths. What about the criminal, subhuman filth pirates? Are they excused from condemnation?

And I'll say it: I'd rather 10s or hundreds die now, than the thousands that will die over time, as we become more and more neglectful of this problem.

No more captured pirates. Shoot at a ship, and die. Approach a ship armed, and die. Take a ship, and die. Take hostages, and die. Find pirate lairs, and kill every man, woman, child, dog and cat where you find them.

Pirate problems are caused by international inattention and f*cked up "modern" pussified laws governing legal oceanic transport.

10s or 100s? We, the modern world have evidently become so soft and worthless as to deserve whatever happens to us at the hands of savages such as the pirates.
    Last edited by 120mm; 03-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.