Quote Originally Posted by pvebber View Post
NO!!!!

I'm arguing, as I've reiterated twice - that there are times when Warden's theory is applicable and times when it is not. Once again, I agree that airpower and airpower theory is necessary. We SHOULD improve airpower and airpower theory. Just not at the expense of giving up any and all alternatives.

I can't understand why one strategic method "has to" be the ONLY one we would want to use, or why airpower needs this manifest destiny to be the dominant means to use force in any and all situations.

Why can't we acknowledge that the more tools we have in our kitbag the better? Airpower will always have its limits, as will the "ends drives the means" strategic method. Land and seapower have their limits as does the "trail and error" approach to "wicked problems" and the maritime strategy focus on engagement to prevent problems before they become conflict.

All have their place, and their value. None are superior to the other in all cases and each needs to be the "supported" methodology when appropriate.

To do otherwise is to remove options and limits our ability to defend our nation and her interests abroad.

My schedule is still busy, so not much time. I will go into detail later. Strategy as Warden describes it is service independent! It works for the Ground,Sea or Air. Guerrillas seem to understand it instinctively. Also Warden talks about establishing the "Key" force which is just like what the Marines talk about as establishing the main effort and it very well could be the GROUND force but it all goes back to the political objective. If you want to Colonize a country and Warden has said this himself you will need a large Army, but he also cations about doing this because it will be very difficult,and expensive and in the end you may not get you to final political objective because you will create such hatred in the indigenous population that.......well it is just better not to do it. Gotta go but keep thinking and asking questions, on the whole they are very good and they do have answers.