Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Planner View Post
Dayuhan:

It seems you folks have not been able to get across to JMA the truly complex inter-relationships that the US, on a daily basis, wanders through.

[snip]

Sorry, JMA, but it's always going to be complicated.
Steve I will look past your obvious condescending tone.

I am not sure I have ever said the political/military/tactical situations were not either fully complex or potentially complex.

I acknowledge too that many military commanders at various levels seem unable to see through the fog-of-war. This inability is further exasperated by interference and attempts at micro-management by politicians which also contributes to greater complexity and confusion. It seems confusion reigns in far too many "war" situations these days.

An outstanding commander and his staff will be better able to cut through the crap and focus on the essentials and comply with the Simplicity principle of war - because they know even simple plans become complex in war while complex plans become totally unworkable. Politicians don't know this.

I will also acknowledge also that complexity is a well used excuse for dithering, failure and incompetence. Some people buy it...

Tell me how it ends, then reverse engineer to your proposed action plan.
You are the planner Steve. Lets hear it from you.