Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
You got no sympathy from me, JMA, I told you a month ago it wouldn't work, yet you insisted it must be done! It is likely that, as I said then, it will do more harm than good. These humanitarian deals most always do...
We are back full circle to where we were a few weeks ago.

I differentiate between the motive behind any intervention and the skill of the intervention itself.

I stand by my support for a humanitarian intervention in Libya.

The intervention has been incredibly interesting. The US/NATO effort has been disgraceful. Such an obviously simple exercise that started well enough then ground to a halt. The question that needs to be answered here is whether this situation was the result of a deliberate political plan or as a result of the allocated force not being up to the task.

Either way the reason for the shambles is political and/or military incompetence and as I have stated before should not be used to question the motivation behind the intervention.

Dunkirk indeed.
Roll your eye as much as you like Ken, but I hear tonight that the Brits are going to fund the evacuation by sea of 5,000 odd African migrant workers and the evacuation of wounded by ship is becoming a regular thing. Unless NATO can get its act together and lift the siege of Misrata the UN/EU may need to scale up the evacuations to take all comers.