again my shield is raised to your sword.

Very simply (because I've explained this fully more tmes than I should have had to), what you call "rule of law" in your examples (prior post) is really "rule by law" - law imposed from above.

The Chinese legal theorists saw it as part of the Imperial Mandate from Heaven. So, also the "Divine Right of Kings". Neither the Chinese Nationalists nor the Chinese Communists understood our (USAian) concept of "rule of law" and thought we were nuts.

The concept of "rule of law" (to have any real meaning to the masses) has to incorporate the basic concept of "We, the People of X ... do ordain and establish ..."

My battle is not with the "Rule of Law" as so defined ("We, the People ..."), but with use of the term "rule of law" in situations where "rule by law" is the actual system.

The distinction between "rule of law" and "rule by law" is not trivial - cf., the distinction between "relevant" and "material".

Your arguments (with their thoughts as I attempt to parse them, I have more agreement than you might think) suffer from a non-rigorous choice of terminology - which takes you off on tangents (at least to this reader).

Please bear the following in mind as you equate the old Courts of Equity and "justice" (good "COIN" in your words):

This is the Court of Chancery, which has its decaying houses and its blighted lands in every shire, which has its worn-out lunatic in every madhouse and its dead in every churchyard, which has its ruined suitor with his slipshod heels and threadbare dress borrowing and begging through the round of every man's acquaintance, which gives to monied might the means abundantly of wearying out the right, which so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not an honourable man among its practitioners who would not give--who does not often give--the warning, "Suffer any wrong that can be done you rather than come here!"
Dickens, Bleak House.

Please - history and rigor (I'm starting to sound like Wilf).

Regards

Mike