Thread: Iraqis: life is getting better

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here is an article about Iraq business. I haven't the knowledge to send an address but here is some relevant information so you can access it. The Middle East Times, business section, March 4th, 2007. The article's title is Industry Being Revitalized in Iraq.
    You are right about the dirth of articles other than the daily litany of mindlessness of the islamist conquering heroes.
    You might try the Los Angeles Times and Christian Science Monitor also. They have a goodly amount of other-than-islamist-mindlessness articles.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger29palms View Post
    Here is an article about Iraq business. I haven't the knowledge to send an address but here is some relevant information so you can access it. The Middle East Times, business section, March 4th, 2007. The article's title is Industry Being Revitalized in Iraq.
    You are right about the dirth of articles other than the daily litany of mindlessness of the islamist conquering heroes.
    You might try the Los Angeles Times and Christian Science Monitor also. They have a goodly amount of other-than-islamist-mindlessness articles.

Roger
    And here it is:

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php...4-043301-7545r

Hi Jimbo, Shia Hillbillys Ummmm? Must not be such a bad place after all

The Kurds I've met are all from the larger cities so I can't speak to rural concerns. It's not all roses:growing inflation, a growing wealth gap, violence in Kirkuk and Mosul (both in or out of Kurdistan depending on your being a Kurd or an Arab) and in Arbil the strong hint of a cult of personality with the Barzani and in Suly Talibani. One businessman the other day told me he was happy to buy fuel for his generators and all his water as long as there was no fighting. My sense is that is common opinion and the failings of the KRG to provide utilities are a distint secondary concern to security.