Thread: And Libya goes on...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Dithering, vacillation, hesitancy etc are hardly indicators of self assured policy implementation.
    Again, all of those are your own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    You should read the article and also the one in the New Yorker - THE CONSEQUENTIALIST

Then do try to read a little more widely. It might seem clever to present what I say here to be merely the personal opinion of an individual. You will be amazed how many people there are out there who do not share your interpretation of how Obama is playing the Libyan situation ... and so would not be buying your spin anytime soon.
    I read widely and make up my own mind. Your opinion is only your opinion, as mine is only mine. There are plenty of people out there who do not share your interpretation of how Obama is playing the Libyan situation, and will not be buying your spin any time soon. Not all of them agree with how the situation is being handled, but their disagreements aren't necessarily yours. As always, there's a wide diversity of opinions out there, and none of them are necessarily right. To characterize those that differ from yours as incompetent dithering nutlessness or apologism for the same is to assign your own opinion an exalted status that no opinion deserves.

Worth noting that SWJ is a place that attracts a specific audience that is better informed and more aware of these matters than most general audiences would be... how many here share your opinions?

Council Member

It might seem clever to present what I say here to be merely the personal opinion of an individual. You will be amazed how many people there are out there who do not share your interpretation of how Obama is playing the Libyan situation ... and so would not be buying your spin anytime soon.
    I would not be surprised at all. Non-trivial numbers of people believe all kinds of things, and some of those things are fatuous nonsense. Others are merely differences of opinion while still others may agree, but prioritize differently. People disagree with President Obama on a lot of things - so what? Second-guessing Presidential decisions isn't exactly new.
    Supporting "time-limited, scope limited military actions" for 20 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    Worth noting that SWJ is a place that attracts a specific audience that is better informed and more aware of these matters than most general audiences would be... how many here share your opinions?
    And I am supposed to give a rats ass about that?

Some around here seem to be pretty informed and provide valuable information to those seeking it... then there are a fair percentage that are clearly way out in left field and have little idea of what they are talking about.