Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
There is no argument. The man(Boyd) plainly says what he means on the tapes. From Boyd's interpretation it should be called the "Confusion Loop." It's not about understanding the situation and simply being faster at going through the OODA cycle, it is about how you can intentionally 'confuse" the enemy at all 3 levels.

I am presently working on having the tapes transcribed but that takes some time and money, but when I am done I am going to make it available.
RGR, totally understand what you're saying. I know that my use of the OODA loop is bastardized. But that's where I find the most utility. That layman's bastardized version of the OODA loop is more productive, for more audiences, than the detailed interpretation.

Also, to be totally honest - I find so much utility in this bastardized version that I'm a bit reluctant to analyze every word that went into creating this thing. I'm worried that I'll be disappointed. I don't want to shatter my faith in what is a very useful instructional tool. It's not about neglecting rigor, but about embracing a useful and productive tool to teach ground floor tactical principles.