I think proportions of jihadist sympathizers are similar across the board. Though no one ever asks the Navy about anything,so there is a bit of resentment at the senior officer level..but the moronic narrative is the same.
btw, according to our official history, the naval chief found out we are at war by listening to radio Pakistan announce the fact (I am trying to remember if it was 1971 or 1965...or both...I wouldnt be surprised if its both).
The senior generals know the score (more or less). The airforce is told on a need-to-know basis. Nobody ever remembers to tell the admirals. Its not exactly the senior service in Pakistan.
You should see what Dr Shireen Mazari, director of the institute of strategic studies for a long time, and now senior advisor to opposition politician Imran Khan, and editor of "The Nation" and all-round TV pundit, is saying about this attack: http://www.ahmedquraishi.com/2011/05...ship-is-quiet/
This storyline is being peddled on all the "pro-military" (hint-hint, wink-wink) blogs. It would make ME sabotage a few planes if I happened to be literate and in the armed forces and read this stuff everyday.