Quote Originally Posted by PsJÄÄK Korte View Post
All that is disclosed about new nine men squad is that it consist of 3 teams of 3 soldiers.
Educated quesses have been that squad will have "command team", rifle team and MG team and not three identical teams.
That would work, though I tend to think fewer but larger squads are better for sustained combat than more smaller squads. The trade off is in leaders trained, though...

The US Marines briefly had a ten man squad, three teams of three plus a Squad Leader; each team had an Automatic Rifle / LMG. Combat experience quickly led to the team size being increased to four men for a 13 man Squad.
I have (maybe silly) question. Does land mines belong to standard equipment of infantry squads in armed forces of other countries?
I am asking this because here in Finland part of infatry squads standard equipment are 10-12 anti-tank mines.
For the US, that was true in Europe World War II and it was true in the early days in Korea. In the Pacific Theater in WW II and later in Korea and in most of our wars since, we've gotten out of the habit due to lack of need. It's a METT-TC thing...

Finnish defense concerns make it perfectly understandable on that basis.