Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
Politically.....he was nuts
I think that the notion that the workers should be arguing about who owns the bakery rather than about the size of their slice of the pie is sensible enough. He did glorify violence (more than) a bit, though. (Though I don’t think he can touch Fanon on that count.)

All the man said was. Some People make Products to make Profits/Some People make PAPER to make Profits.
The productive/unproductive labor distinction really jumps out at you when you keep in mind that the Party boys in China all received an education founded in Marxist economic principles—where it’s all about materialism—and you compare how wealth has been generated and invested in the PRC for the past couple of decades vs. the same in the United States. I have to say that the development of high speed rail and overall infrastructure improvement strike me as better long term bets than rent seeking and credit default swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Then again, given the people that aberrations of his political system killed in the name of helping them, maybe nuts is a good pick...
Judging Marx by the Marxists seems as unfair as judging Jesus by the Christians, at least to me. But I confess to a certain fondness for both of those guys.