Quote Originally Posted by Infanteer View Post
How so? AQ wasn't around until after the Soviet Union had disappeared; it's predecessor Makhtab al Khadamat never recieved a dime from the U.S.

The Taliban are also a post anti-Soviet Jihad creation; an organization fuelled by Pakistan's flirtation with islamist policies to help fight in the Kashmir. The Taliban were an outcome of traditional Afghan warlord politics.

To say that AQ and the Taliban are second-order effects of U.S. dealing with South-East and South Asian dictators like the House of Saud, Mubarak and Zia-al-Haq would be fairly accurate. To say that the AQ and the Taliban are consequences of a new "Nazi Germany"'s direct intervention in Afghanistan is rubbish.
You've missed my point so completely in your literal minded way, I fear there is nothing I can say.

The US caused the current mess we are in by choosing to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.

We created the warlords, who later trashed the country.

The warlords trashing the country allowed the Taliban to succeed.

Our removal of the Taliban made us responsible for replacing their governance with something else.

The US has been conducting diplomacy by bombing the sh*t out of any country that strikes our whim and fancy. Based on our President's approval numbers. That makes us a mad dog on the world stage.

Even our "rebuilding" is stupid. To date, there are several things we destroyed in the 2002 campaign that we destroyed, much of it unnecessarily, that we STILL refuse to fix/rebuild/replace, to this day.

What about that are you too simple minded to understand????