Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
Those "archives" exceeded by far the ability of allied countries to absorb and exploit their content. Aerospace know-how transfer was spectacular, but didn't carry more forward than for a few years.
The deletion of previously published patents on the other hand helped the Western Allies' chemical industries a lot.
I would say it is was much more than that. They had Television,better vacum tubes, and the beginnings of genetic engineering, and a very differant view of how to finance an economy. My Physics professor was named Han Ri Furherand (who was a real live rocket scientist) and he had to stick pretty much to the standard stuuf in the textbook but occasionly he would talk about an alternative view of just what science was.The German view of science stood the world on it's head. Short answer Einstein said the universe expands but the Germans said the universe spins.
What that means is zero-point energy is possible but that it the subject of a another thread I will start shortly, hope you stick around for it.