Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
If that was true, I don't think we would see the level of tension we do we do in the South China Sea over access to potential energy sources. Lots of open source stuff indicated this analysis is accurate and will drive a potential conflict (if not war) between states. This isn't a peak oil alarmist argument, so much as we're not producing (and then refining) enough oil to meet demand.

Next weekend I'll pull some articles (well researched) that point out how energy politics is impacting the global security environment and it has nothing to do with anti-development intellectuals, that is just background noise. It has everything to do with maintaining economic growth and stability.
Nope not referring to Peak Oil. "Same horse different blanket," by that I mean that oil is in contention. Hasn't it always been in contention since Churchill and Fisher decided to replace coal with oil as the British fleet's fuel? There has always been contention about oil security. As I pointed out upthread, there are more reserves now than ever. Nevertheless, I do remember when China was a net exporter of oil, now it is a net importer.