Quote Originally Posted by Backwards Observer View Post
Ray, do you think the Western press is unfair to India? Have you noticed how they tend to write about each other? Perhaps I'm misreading your comment , but by 'toast of the Century', you seem to be suggesting that China is universally lauded by the Western press.

In the last year or so, China has been compared to Imperial Japan, Imperial Germany, Nazi Germany and the 'Evil Empire'-era Soviet Union. This seems to suggest an alternative meaning to 'toast' at the very least.

Nevertheless, being a superpower or superpower-in-waiting seems to be accompanied by a rising sense of persecution, in that perhaps they have something in common with lesser powers, after all.

Well, it was actually a refreshing, chilled grapefruit beverage. Or, as a William F. Owen might put it, a cup of molten steel!
I seem to have missed all those negative connotation of what China is, in actuality as per the western media.

I am only aware of the praises of China, to include the BBC programme Horizon that I saw last night, which stated that China was the future of the next Century!