I'd drop the quite unimportant Marshall Plan from the list and add the InterWar years efforts of left German and French foreign politicians at cooperation instead. They were the prototypes for Adenauer's integration policy.
Fuchs, reading recommendations are always welcome and appreciated.

The key names of the financial teams backing Herr Adenauer and Gen de Gaulle ~ 1949 - 1957 that I am chasing history on include:

-Germany: Ludwig Erhard (Economics Minister), Karl Blessing (Bundesbank President), Wilhem Vocke (Bank Deutscher Lander – Directorate President)

-France: Jacques Rueff ? Maurice Couve de Murville?

The feature of the reunification that we did not want to duplicate at all were the transfers from West to East.
Has not Germany already paved this particular route with myriad bank loans to the periphery? Commerzbank appears about to pay the price for mispricing the risk of recovering principal from debtors. Am I correct in understanding that the current cost/benefit transfer union calculation being run includes loss of goodwill (intangible assets), the nationalization of select German banks, myriad contractual reconfiguration costs, appreciation of the Deutsche Mark (ranging from 30% to perhaps 70% relative to specific/discrete currencies?), the reapplication of border transaction costs, currency exchange costs, usw., usw, usw?

I think you are offering a good overview.
Firn, appreciate it as well as everybody’s insights.

Remaining alone in among 27 member states is quite a feat of diplomacy.
There are a number of issues that we have insight into as well as a number of questions that arise as a result of this diplomatic action; how & why Germany, the UK, and France actually produced this result, will this kill Germany’s preference for full treaty (all 27) change, is an outside the treaty agreement (27 minus) discredited, can existing treaties still be used to accomplish the objective (full 27), does this lock in a two speed solution (17 core vs. 10 periphery) is the French financial establishment (not to mention France) adequately represented by the emotional responses of multiple senior representatives during the last week, why could not the UK find allies such as Ireland, will this action embolden & facilitate Scotland’s (Alex Salmond) interest in succession, etc., etc.

During the Euro years a massive amount of capital, sometimes luring also considerable amounts of people, from the core of Europe, especially Germany flew into the countries with a better economic future and bigger capital gains at a just moderately higher risk.
Do you mind expounding and do you have some references to share on this topic? I see a number of economic models that were developed during this period, and I wonder about what worked, what went wrong, and if these models are salvageable and applicable to other locations. Dublin’s growth from 1997 to 2001 appeared to average ~9% per year and low corporate taxes were part of that model. Irish (Bank of Ireland, Allied Irish Bank, etc) financial leverage of ~8 times GDP during this period was not sustainable however. Iceland’s (Kaupthing,) amazing boom and bust during this period appeared to include financial leverage of ~12 times GDP. Scotland’s (RBS) financial leverage of ~15 times GDP was not sustainable either. Yet, Switzerland (Credit Suisse, UBS, etc) while acknowledging the recent insights into internal controls system of UBS, continues to thrive with financial leverage of ~ 6 times GDP. Poland is interesting as well.

Sadly the political freedom to follow Mr. Keynes is perceived to be almost non-existent although it was used considerably to lessen the impact of the 2008 crisis.
Maybe I am cheating, but, I wonder if both Keynes and Hayek have something to say…I am mostly in agreement with Gavyn Davies recent statement in the FT:

“…the global economy needs a mixture of policies which write off debt in some cases, pay off debt in others, and extend debt in still others. A one-size-fits-all approach which encourages the simultaneous deleveraging of all sectors at maximum speed could cause a genuine economic calamity.”