Thread: "Adopt a Marine"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    As a note, I would point out that the SWC itself is acting as a mentorship venue.
    This is a truth that has not escaped me! I am like a kid in a candy store on here and can not imagine any other situation on the planet that would put me in such close proximity with so many great civil and military minds. This concept actually ties in nicely with where I want to go next with this too:

ON SWC, I have noticed that there are a number of professors, teachers, academics, SNCO’s, officers, diplomats, and all other brands and flavors of government employment. The total sum of experience shared on this site would have to add up into the millennia and I am not ignorant of the fact that many of the concepts I am wrestling with now have been kicked over before by some of the very minds I speak of now. So in the attempt at trying to come up with a solid mentorship plan for the military (at least on paper) and also wanting to groom and be groomed into an effective future leader I ask these questions of everyone here.

-If you had to build tomorrow’s “super soldier,” how would you do it? Tomorrow’s "super spy?"
    -If you had to rebuild your own education, or career path how would you do it?
    -What subjects do you feel are critical for tomorrow’s military leader? What classes did you take or subjects did you study that are considered as "irreplaceable" for your development?
    - What formative books, games, movies etc… were influential in shaping your ideas and thoughts from childhood, to early adulthood to now?
    -If you had to pick 10 historical battles to share with your troops what would they be and why?
    -If you wanted to develop solid well-rounded civil leaders what areas would you want them to have a mastery of?

I am very curious to hear some of the concepts that you all feel are crucial and look forward to being blown away. Aside from that and more practically, I feel that a lot of what you have to offer could help me distill some of the more erratic (but still substantive) thoughts I have racing around into a cogent argument for a “mentorship program" that is not half-baked.

Even if this entire thing is simply an exercise in thought and Headquarters Marines Corps never adopts the Ender Method I will still have learned a great deal by trying to iron it all out so any insight or contribution is strongly welcomed!!

Joel
    Last edited by Ender; 04-07-2007 at 01:22 AM.