Hi Marc !

I pondered over your request with a Saku on Ice (a wonderful Estonian beer ) when an American journalist that I've know for a while came in.

He told me to check out Accuracy In Media. www.aim.org

Their mission statement:
Accuracy In Media is a non-profit, grassroots citizens watchdog of the news media that critiques botched and bungled news stories and sets the record straight on important issues that have received slanted coverage.
Some good blogs and stories there. Sounds perhaps too promising, but figured you could use the help

Here's a good short read:

Why We Are Going to Iraq
By Jeff Emanuel and Victoria Coates
April 4, 2007

In our writings here and elsewhere, the two of us have spent a great deal of time, ink, and energy discussing the Iraq war and attempting to convey stories about the mission that can't be found in the mainstream media. We've criticized the quality of the media's own reportage on events in the Middle East. We've pointed out episodes of anti-war bias, ignorance, and outright fabrications ad nauseam, all the while seeking to "correct the record" with a better reflection of events and developments as they actually are, rather than as they appear through the mainstream media's anti-war, anti-Bush prism.

Why have we spent so much time and energy on this pursuit? Because the evidence we see suggests a very different picture of the situation on the ground in Iraq than the one which the media presents day in and day out.
Regards, Stan