Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
And there I was holding my breath waiting for examples of 'good business'. Silly me.
Silly you? No, that's not my assessment

Examples? How about South African Infrastructure for starters?

SA's R800bn infrastructure drive, 25 October 2011, http://www.southafrica.info/business...udget2011b.htm

South Africa is set to spend over R802-billion on infrastructure development over the next three years as part of a government drive to ease bottlenecks and reduce costs in the economy, "crowd in" private investment and improve access to export markets.

Presenting his Medium Term Budget Policy Statement in Parliament on Monday, Gordhan said public-sector investment in infrastructure - which has increased from 4.3% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) in 2005 to 7.5% in the first half of 2011 - remained central to the government's economic development plans.

"Infrastructure projects in energy, roads, rail, telecommunications and water will ease bottlenecks and reduce costs in the rest of the economy, crowding in private investment and improving access to export markets," Gordhan told parliamentarians in Cape Town.