Quote Originally Posted by Chowing View Post
Seems now the rhetoric will change. The Brits lost a lot of cred. for the failed rescue. They will try to ease the damage, at home and internationally, by now saying what some have said for some time that BH does have links to AQIM and other jihadist groups.
I don't think anyone's denied that there are "links". The question is the nature and the extent. Possibly due to local experience, I'm suspicious of the word "link" in the AQ context, and I wouldn't like to see BH reflexively referred to as "AQ-linked", just as I wouldn't like to see the US put BH on the terrorist list. Either would push a fundamentally domestic conflict toward internationalization, and either would be perceived as - and could actually become - a prelude to foreign intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowing View Post
With the story you just reported Kingjaja, it seems that BH is not slowing down with the Bristish forces showing up.
Why would BH slow down? The Brits weren't there to fight BH in general, they were there for one mission. They're probably out of the country already. I wouldn't expect any impact at all on BH operations.