Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
I'm looking forward to the reaction of our African members and those who have served on the ground there.
David, no surprises - in fact, almost entertaining to read (but then you know my sense of humor to be a tad distorted at times ) It's not about defining the broad differences, it's about understanding them and putting things into perspective and then dealing with them the way the locals do.

Back in the day I had two airlines that I used to send African students to the USA for training: Swissair and Sabena. The students complained bitterly about the Belgian's hospitality (they were left in the customs area of the airport in spite of a 17 hour layover). I switched to Swissair and most if not all of the hotel room amenities were stolen. The naive Swiss (remember I'm half Swiss) felt travelers should be put up at the expense of the airline when layovers exceed 12 hours - regardless of point of origin and race - how ignorant !

Quote Originally Posted by Firn View Post
All in all I like it, it just shows that we are much more developed...
Agreed ! It also shows just how ignorant we are. We should either play by the local rules or just keep our two cents out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
A factory is really not a set of machines and tools, but of people who know how to use them.
Exactly !