Thread: Small-Ldr's Guide to COIN MCIP 3-33.01

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi JC,

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Marc, to answer your question, we would try to call them on the carpet when we could. That usually meant dragging them into the COC when their convoy eventually came to our FOB. On other stretches of road near Ramadi, we went to great lenghts to address the issue, educate other units, and inform them of what was going on, but we still had to duck from their fires on more than one occasion. All because they saw something go bump in the night and they had absolutely no fire discipline.
    Thanks. You know, that is a rather scary situation in terms of being able to control the local AO.

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Other times the only thing we could do was pass a report up to the movement control center embedded in the higher HQ, and hope they would address it appropriately.
    Again, truly scary. I hate to say it, but if a bunch of yahoos showed up on one of our highways and started shooting, we would have their butts in slings. From a "law and order" perspective (and I really HATE that term - "perspective"), I have to wonder what the value to a local IO op would be to actually prosecute, in the AO, some yahoo who shoots up "stuff" on an MSR.

Marc
    Last edited by marct; 04-13-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/