Cole,

I'll look through the three History and Museums Branch publications I have to see what they mention, but you most likely won't see the order (or annex, as I think it was) since it is classified. If I can find relevant passages, I'll shoot the link to the .pdf for the book.

If I recall the principles that made it down to my level (LAR coy command) at the time, there were basic tenets:

-Nobody lived above the standard of the rifleman private. Folding cots weren't even supposed to be carried forward.
-Bottled water, which took up cube that could be used for ammo, medical supplies, fuel, etc., was not taken forward. Reverse osmosis purification units produced our water. I think I only drank from one or two bottles the three months of the heaviest push.
-If logistics got bottlenecked, we simply went to reduced rations in order to maintain tempo. There were plenty days when a single MRE was all that my crew had to subsist on. I honestly think Gen Mattis intended to Blitzkrieg the Division all the way.