Thread: Mumbai Attacks and their impact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default To be expected...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    ...Indirectly, it means that the US does not even trust Ministers of other countries!
    This is, after all, a nation that does not trust any of its own politicians...

Bill:

In the medium to small size city and area I was familiar with officers would just respond and go to the sound of guns so to speak. There would be lots of citizens who would help them out. It would be more efficient if each officer were trained specifically for the situation but I think simple individual officer initiative coupled with citizen assistance would be good enough, not perfect, but good enough. Maybe it could viewed as something like a swarm attack in reverse.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Council Member

Posted by Ray,

I would think that more than the US Police being effective, the manner in which the US has 'wired' up the nation to keep a tab on all citizens to include their communications and the way the US has tightened up the entry of foreigners into the US, is what is keeping the US safe.
    You forgot to add that we talk kids into wanting to conduct acts and then provide inert bomb making materials and put them in jail for an attempted terrorist attack. It is sort of a clairvoyant pre-emptive arrest type of approach.

On a serious note I agree it is our intelligence more than anything else that keeps us safe. I don't the spying/observation of our own people is near as extensive as you're implying.

Carl,

I like your reverse swarm concept, and I agree it would work in a few minutes to a few hours, so once the police and people are mobilized the terrorists will be defeated. Keep our country strong, support the NRA