I am aware that for a few weeks now the issue of drones has been a "hot" topic within 'The Beltway', possibly inspired by the NYT reporting. Incidentally very little of this public policy debate appears on my "radar" here, even if Italy is acquiring drones with weapons - which comes up in the linked podcast.

Thanks again to CWOT and his article, which ends with:
Counterterrorism remains a challenge and no perfect blend of tools, policy and options can be outlined – for in all scenarios there will be risks, costs and unintended casualties. But I encourage those critics to ask two questions as they rightfully critique U.S. counterterrorism options:

If you advocate the end of counterterrorism policy, option or tool (drones being only one example), what are the consequences and resulting effects of your objections?

The U.S. should and will pursue terrorists around the world. The U.S. should protect its values while protecting its citizens. If you are not comfortable with how the U.S. conducts its counterterrorism, what counterterrorism strategy would you be comfortable with? And would that strategy protect U.S. citizens while suiting your values?
Link:http://selectedwisdom.com/?p=685