View Poll Results: What is the near-term future of the DPRK

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will fall into chaos as a result of renewed famine and poverty, resulting in military crackdowns.

3 15.79%
  • There will be a military coup that displaces the current leadership, hopefully soon.

4 21.05%
  • It will continue to remain a closed society, technologically dormant and otherwise insignificant.

12 63.16%
  • The leadership will eventually make a misstep, forcing military action from the United States.

0 0%

Thread: North Korea: 2012-2016

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    Like certain other strategies occasionally proposed on SWJ, your suggestion relies on the assumption that the people on the other side of the picture will react as you say they will. Of course in the imaginary world that works very well. In the real world it does not: the other guy rarely cooperates.
    You think of China as a nation, I think of it as a huge group of people. People follow certain psychological defects and limitations. It is possible to exert influence on them, and it's being done all the time.

Right now, you and I are certainly under influence of political manipulation. Because we're humans, and not impervious to manipulation AND because people exist who understand how to manipulate people.

The ground rules for doing it are actually rather simple, albeit manifold.

You still haven't told us who "you" are supposed to be. Who do you expect to undertake this effort?
    Actually, I did. You could read more carefully.
    Oh, wait. You even quoted the part where I wrote it!
    Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    it's a piece of cake (for the Western great powers) to turn North Korea into their (edit: China's) responsibility and their problem.
    So I guess you just don't want to understand.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 09-03-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Moderator at work, PM to author.