Thread: Green on Blue: causes and responses (merged thread)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    If we're talking about senior officers they're close to the top of that food chain already, no?

In any event my understanding is that the US has problems retaining its mid to senior officers, largely because their employment opportunities outside the military pay much better. Given that the financial incentives toward getting out exceed those for staying in, it's difficult to postulate a craven financial motive for submitting to the eccentricities of civilian supremacy.

I didn't realize you'd raised the issue in an attempt to distract.

Are you suggesting that US military officers lack the moral courage to act on your opinions?

It is possible that they have been so thoroughly trained in the principle of civilian supremacy that they accept it as the lesser of multiple evils, and submit to it.

It is also possible that those who are actually familiar with the goals and constraints in place do not share your opinion of universal incompetence.

Instead of assuming that they haven't the "moral courage" to act on your opinions, why not consider the possibility that they don't share your opinions?

Of course it's possible that you know something they don't. It's also possible that they know things you don't.
    I'm sorry you chose to reply in this manner.

You asked a question and I answered it... you then chose to run out a red-herring - which I had anticipated.

If that quote I posted is accurate then my position - that a general who leaves before his 30 years are up stands to take a financial knock in the process - is correct.
    Last edited by JMA; 10-02-2012 at 06:02 AM.