Thread: Indonesia and small wars in Southeast Asia-Post WWII?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by wiku View Post

Kopassus by Conboy also mentions Indonesia considering support for Cambodia against the Khmer Rouge in the early 1970s. They sent a fact-finding mission there and assessed the situation to be hopeless, and decided against participation.
    Good read.......since there's little in the western publishing world from the Indonesian perspective.

I had no idea Indonesia had a few pers in Vietnam and a bunch in Cambodia for a bit until I read the book.....

And confirmed in person earlier this year having the chance to meet a bunch of Cambodian Army 911 SF Brigade members, a unit with quite close ties to Indonesian Kopassus to this day.

Indonesia has been a sponsor for training Cambodian Army since the late 60's I believe...and to this day have quite close ties.

3 who I met wore Indonesian Kopassus berets/badges as daily uniform wear having completed their training in Indonesia.

Conboy also has a book on Indonesian Intelligence that I have on Kindle..........

BUT have yet to crack open yet due to a huge pile of Afgan related material more relevant for me at the moment.

Voices From a Border War is also pretty good and recently published book from the NZ/Commonwealth side of the house:http://www.amazon.com/Voices-Border-.../dp/0646225030
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 11-04-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Add link