Hi 120,

Sounds like fun - there are days when I would really like to bang away with something like that .

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
I blame technology. Modern optics are parallax free and allow for some superfast acquisition under all sorts of bad conditions. They also will help you unlearn basic skills in a hurry. I've been shooting almost exclusively with modern optics since 2002. As much as I love my EOTechs and Aimpoints, they go back on the shelf until I can engage targets consistently, and at speed with my irons.
This will sound like an odd suggestion, but try your "retraining" where you are wearing some particular piece of clothing or jewelry (e.g. a ring or a hat or something like that) that you wouldn't wear when you shoot with the modern optics. The idea is to give your sub-conscious mind a sensory stimulus that is available in one situation but not the other, so that your brain stores the two sets of muscle memory in different places. The action of putting on or taking off the item will act as a cue to your sub-conscious.

Marc