Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
Link:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...r&dlvrit=56943

A Reuters article citing at length the German Social Democrat who sits as President of the European Parliament, without doubt he is trying to make a mark as an EU summit approaches later this week. If there is one EU institution that is irrelevant in policy-making and democratic accountability it is this parliament - a very comfortable place to to sit and pontificate.
The European Parliament certainly go merkelanized to some degree in the last years but it is quite relevant and busy in many areas if you go a little deeper. No wonder that those pesky Americans, not alone of course, offer help in shaping those key laws. I also voted for an guy there, if I'm not mistaken.

While I share certainly not all ideas of the center-left faction in the European parliament he is pretty much spot on. So much potential, so much productivity vasted by a mostly cyclical problem made worse by the wrong policies.

In any case that Austrian student showed excellent initiative and with others he brought attention some serious issues.