Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Ken,
Most of us that know don't talk about it.

The pressure cooker has been around for at least 13 years in Greece, India and France. They are not expensive and by no means even remotely remarkable. What's inside besides all the fragmentation ? Fuel (sensitizers) and an oxygen source (oxidizers) and voila

The great thing about a pressure cooker vs a pipe bomb, is you don't have to do anything other than close the lid
Stan,

It looks like more information about the construction and components of the devices are coming out now.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...33jEe63afQsseK

It still doesn't change the fact that were I in their shoes, I'd want to test my design before kicking it off. It's a lot of trouble and risk to end up like the Times Square bomber. Then again, I'm an experienced manufacturing engineer, so some of that is probably fruit of my own experience at work. Never fails, anything we don't prototype/plan meticulously goes horribly wrong on the first try, doesn't matter how similar it is to something else we already make. I suppose smarter minds than mine are working on the test shot angle.