Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
I am sure in the 'free' world there are agendas and priorities, hat tip to the linked Australian Lowy Institute item below; which acted as a catalyst for my question.

Link:http://www.lowyinterpreter.org/post/...our-media.aspx

I am just curious what SWC members have spotted.
This is why I find reading over foreign news sites so helpful in gaining a broader awareness and often different perspectives on issues. Al-Jazeera for example covers interesting events in developing nations globally that other major news outlets don't cover. BBC covers a lot that CNN and other major U.S. news channels don't cover and I assume the opposite is true. I don't necessarily trust any of the sites and their reporting, but at least you're aware there is an event happening that you wouldn't be aware of otherwise. In the case of the cyclone in Oman, I wonder if the government prohibited or limited reporting on the storm for political reasons? The reason I ask is after doing a Google search for news articles I didn't find much period, not just in Western news, but globally.

We get a lot news coverage on the violence in Mexico tied to the Cartels, but most Americans are unaware that the several countries in Central America are facing greater levels of violence.