Thread: How to beat the Taliban in Afghanistan / Pakistan (and win the war on terror)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Talking It's war, with Pakistan!

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    Peter,

what is meant by your usage of "to hold Pakistan accountable" ?
    Thanks for your questions Mike.

I mean our governments ought to face up to the evidence that the Pakistani state has secretly been waging war against us by secretly employing Al Qaeda terrorists and the Taliban to wage Pakistan's secret war against us.

I mean our governments ought to respond to the revelation of Pakistan's acts of war against us by declaring that a state of war now exists between us and Pakistan and accordingly command our forces to confront the aggressor, Pakistan, with retaliatory acts of war of our own against Pakistan, in our own self-defence, with a view to bringing Pakistan's secret war to an end and to compel Pakistan to agree and to deliver peace terms which would satisfy our need for security into the future.

I mean it is war with Pakistan, Mike. There's no point in sugar-coating what needs to be done.

Are you suggesting that the US use armed force (pursuant to the 2001 AUMF) against Pakistan ?
    Yes.

If so, from where and by what means ?

Regards

Mike
    That's a very good question Mike. I am glad you asked that. It's really very important that we find the best answers to those sorts of questions.

I have been attempting to provide some answers to those difficult but critical questions in this topic thread.

I would ask you to review my 4-point plan in my OP and my suggested approach to managing Pakistan in post #2.

I don't however believe that a large-scale ground invasion of Pakistan would be a good option to pick in order to prosecute this war to a speedy and successful conclusion any time soon.

So attack Pakistan, sure but "invade Pakistan", I don't think so.

PS. We have many non-military methods as well we can use to apply pressure to Pakistan to bring them to terms - financial sanctions, for example.
    Last edited by Peter Dow; 07-15-2013 at 03:25 PM.