Thread: What Are You Currently Reading? 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default book Carnivore: A Memoir By One of the Deadliest Soldiers of All Time

Currently reading this book http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=carivore which I find to be both interesting and amusing. If you go to Amazon you can read reviews, most of which are negative. The author is definitely full of himself, but his descriptions and explanations of the workings of the M2 Bradley, M1 tank and the armored reconnaissance squadron are interesting. So is the information about what his troop and the rest of the his ARS did during the run up to Baghdad. The author's Sgt. Rock love fest with himself makes this book IMHO a 5 out of 10. For those not familar with the workings of the M2/M3 Bradley it's worth a read.

Moved here at author's request: I gave the book a separate thread when I should have just added it here. My initial post gave the book a 5 out of 10. I'm thinking now 6 or 7 out of ten. Sure, at times he thinks he is all that and a bag of chips, but his story, the crews story, and the other soldiers in the 3rd ID Cav squadron are interesting. The book is easy reading unlike The Revenge of Geography by Robert Kaplan.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 07-22-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: 2nd passage added