Thread: Syria: the case for action

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    I just saw this.....Yes. Which leads me to another point Putin understands the System that the world is operating in, not some system the he wishes it would operate in. That is why he is being seen as the adult in the room in the present situation. The UN is our (USA) system...we set it up after WW2. The present administration is trying to subvert that system....not good and Putin understands that and how to work it to his advantage and our disadvantage.
    Not sure what you mean by "the present administration is trying to subvert that system". If anything, Russia (and China) are subverting that system with the denial of human rights. Not that they really like the system created to begin with. It is decidedly democratic and built on individual human rights. Russia uses the system where it is in their interest. I don't believe they complied with international law in Georgia, so I don't see Russia as any champion of international law or the UN. Although, none of this has anything to do with the current question.

What surprises me the most is how little of this thread actually deals with using chemical weapons. It is almost as if their use is irrelevant.
    Last edited by TheCurmudgeon; 09-09-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---