Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
Rather, it was that the debate about multi-level selection has been going on for the last 50 years, without the various sides (there being more than two) coming out clearly ahead. I don't expect any sort of scientific eureka moment about multi-level selection in the remaining years of my life.
I guess you are right. I can offer nothing more on the matter. I can say that I have a position, that I have articulated that position without total success. I can understand that others have differing views. I guess I see a danger in these differing views. Now that does not mean that they are wrong, only that they can be used to justify the wholesale destruction of other cultures - replacing them with the more advanced version. Perhaps that is the nature of mulit-level selection - that the human hosts are only hosts and must die along with their defective or non-selected social or cultural structures. I guess I find that thought somewhat disturbing. So I cannot argue that I am right scientifically, only that I "ought" to be right.

Feel free to rebut, but lets move on to other lines of inquiry.