Quote Originally Posted by sullygoarmy View Post
J,
I suspect there are very few mid-level guys getting out because they couldn't wear their very own "second chance" body armor. The 365 days of continuous combat (sorry, extend that to 15 months) and the realization that once you get back home, chances are you'll start another 15 month tour with a year...oh and don't forget all the training requirements, CTC rotations and every other event that takes you away from "home" during your 12 months at "home". I suspect that these stressors are the biggest factors in our mid-level NCOs and officers pulling pitch. But hey, just my $.02 worth.
Just want to second "Ender"s point. It's not the body armor, it's being treated like a professional. Don't tell me what I can or cannot wear to fight in. A better example would be the Under Armor ban. Personally owned Under Armor was banned for wear because it wasn't fire proof. So you can no longer wear it under your plastic helmet, your plastic uniform, your plastic body armor, or your plastic boots. And obtw, the Army is rolling out Under Armor as the new underwear for the "soldier of the future" display that is travelling around military bases.

Not only treat soldiers like "big boys" but find some grown-ups to be in charge, too.