Yo Kingjaja !

Not much reason for us to delve into our government's squandering, as we both know, there is no logic and no public support therein.

I'll leave you with these links which are public info to the world including your nation's stats.

US Foreign Aid
Foreign Assistance
Nigerian Budget
How Can Africa Move Away from Aid Dependence
701,000 Nigerians Live Under Modern Slavery Conditions

We do not agree however that your country is insignificant.
A presidential or ministry visit is expensive and not warranted. Nothing that a simple phone call could not resolve. I think the numbers at the links above do in fact help you feed your children, but, my opinion.

Regards, Stan

Quote Originally Posted by KingJaja View Post
Stan,

Nigeria's Federal Budget is about $32 billion, the average state budget (we have 36 states) is about $1 billion. I'm sorry to say this, but $93 million dollars isn't very much money compared to those sums - & if US should stop all (or most of is assistance to Nigeria), Nigeria will not collapse.

This was exactly the same argument the Brits and the Indians had, & British are winding down on their aid commitments to India - & there's very little impact on India.

How many Nigerians depend on US aid? Poor, middle class or wealthy?

In fact, aid can be counter productive as Dambisa Moyo eloquently argued in Dead Aid, it doesn't always build local capacity nor does it promote accountability.

We both agree, Africa is too insignificant to warrant a visit from the US president. Since the Chinese, Russian & Brazilian leaders (and taxpayers) haven't voiced their opposition to funding boondoggles in Africa - let them come to Africa, if they bring business that can help me feed my children, well and good.