Thread: India-US relations: cooling and warming up (merged thread)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Allegations of visa fraud are a serious business

Breath in Deep: http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...&wintype=popup

There are a lot of allegations being thrown around and the reports vary depending on which source you look at, so I would be very careful. Both the diplomat and maid have reasons to put things the way each one does.

As for "Indian" opinion, if you look at the comments to many of the articles, you will find at least half of the commenters complaining about the behavior of Indian officials and they are sympathetic to the US case.

It may be that the Indian government is reacting this way because the case hits too close to home, especially with the victory of the Aam Aadmi party and others like it.

In addition, the practice of law in the US is different than in India so that is probably another reason for the misperception. Basically, I see a badly handled affair being egged on by various parties for personal benefit.

It is hard to get at the truth with the poor reporting, too.
    Last edited by Madhu; 12-19-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
    “I am practicing being kind instead of right” - Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook

"Throughout the world sounds one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me the chance to do my very best." - Babette's Feast